Self Portrait

Comments

  1. First of all, I love the overall tone of all your pictures. They all have a earthy and natural fell to them, which I appreciate. I especially love the picture of you in the truck and how the lines of the truck are lined up with the houses. You got the symmetry perfect in that shot. I also really love the one of you and your dog because its simple yet complex. The idea is simple, but it is often difficult to get animals to work with you for pictures. Another aspect of your pictures that I love are all the trees in the background: leafless, tangly, and eerie. Very good job overall. One critique that I have is on the close up picture of you moving your hair. Maybe get more green grass in the background to contrast with all of the brown color above it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures have this vintage look to it and I think it's very pleasing to the eye.My favorite picture would probably be the 2nd one and the reason I like it so much is because it's so intense and the colors of the leaves just catch my eye.It seems like you're very connected to nature and your shoes tell their own story with the paint on them and I just think it's a very successful picture. I don't really know what I'd critique but I agree with Quinton that you should show more green in the 3rd and maybe the 4th but I think overall all your pictures really connect with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy the picture of you that is zoomed out overlooking the dirt field(?). The photo is very intriguing and I think it does a nice job of having you in it while still containing other features, the subject is not overwhelming. It feels very natural. The photo that could use the most improvement in my opinion is the photo in the truck. It is difficult to immediately determine the subject, and the first thing that caught my eye was the blue sky. I think you could reframe the photo with the subject playing a larger role or find a less distracting background to get your point across better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of yours photos go really nicely together, my favorite is the shoes because I like how you left one of them untied, it gives it a candid feel to it. I also really like the dog and the chair one with you both looking over it. The last picture makes me really wonder where you are, what does this place mean to you, maybe play around with props to give it more of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work as always! My favorite of the photos is the second one. There is very nice contrast in this one and the colors compliment each other nicely. I also like how the shoes seem to tell a story about who you are, because they have specks of paint on them. (I know what class this is from!) All of your photos are composed very well. The only thing I can think of that you might want to consider reshooting is the photo in the chair with your dog. I love this photo so much but maybe you could get a closer shot and expose a little more of your face. What a cute photo! Amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful color scheme going on and i love your work as always! The image of your shoes in the garden is so aesthetically pleasing, i love the arrangement of the elements in this work. the line work with how the legs meet the floor and the angel in which the photo was taken create a sense of depth when, like i am viewing you on the path. i think the dog one and the shoes have a lot of potential but maybe reshooting the dog one in a way where your head is sticking out a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the the warm tones of all of your pictures. I really enjoy all of your pictures, but my favorite picture is the one of your adidas untied in the leaves. I really like how all the colors work together and make me reminisce about my favorite season fall! I also really like the setting and idea of the first picture in conveys multiple messages about quarantine. I also love how you captured that beautiful blue sky. I think that you should try and reposition the picture of you and your dog in the chair, maybe make both of your head seen a little bit more and position the chair so that the ladder and stuff in the corner isn't seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the overall tonality of each of these images. I think you came up with some really good ideas and executed them well. You did a good job of controlling the color in each image, which I know isn't always easy. I think that the 4th image would benefit from a reshoot. I believe that you had some very strong compositions in the other images, but with the 4th image, it doesn't feel as deliberate.


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Project Proposal

Final: Stealing From The Rich Part "A"