Final Project Proposal

For my final project, I will be drawing inspiration from Sophie Calle, specifically from her The Blind series, in which she asked individuals who were blind what their idea of beauty was, and then accompanied those responses with photographs. Since I have been interviewing individuals with disabilities/ those who work with children with special needs for my capstone, I have many recorded interviews from people who are, in some way or shape, related to the topic of disabilities and who have touched upon that with me. I would like to use their perspectives and unique stories as inspiration for photographs, and to create still-life images that are representative of their experiences of life. These still-life images would reflect the black and white style Calle utilizes in her Hotel series. If this works well, I would like to have captions/quotes from my interviews under each photograph, to provide a simple and vague backstory of my work.





Comments

  1. Great to see you connecting your capstone project with this series. Your previous capstone research will make this an even stronger photography project as you've already been interviewing people with special needs/disabilities. Regarding your still life approach, another photographer that uses still life in her work is Laura Letinsky, you might enjoy: https://denverartmuseum.org/exhibitions/laura-letinsky

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final: Stealing From The Rich Part "A"